Kris please post the sales contract for the HP Printer

Time to post some paperwork! At tonights creative arts meeting we were informed that @Kriskat30 purchased the printer at some point this week: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/commercial-printers/latex-printers/315-print-cut.html for a total cost of $19,000.

@Team_Creative_Arts needs to see the sales contract so we can address the (passed) committees motion of returning the printer as voted upon tonight (September 11, 2018) so we can look at a more financially prudent decision as we are embarking on the financial and physical needs of the expansion.

Board Meeting from December: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20171215#Wide_format_printer_lease_to_purchase_.28Kris_Anderson_for_CA.29

Talk Discussion from December:
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/bod-agenda-12-15-2017-ca-wide-format-printer/30158/133

8 Likes

How much does CA have? At least $38k?

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20180820#Committee_must_maintain_50.25_of_their_balance_as_of_August_1st.C2.A0through_March_1st..C2.A0.28David_Kessinger.29

1 Like

Nope not that much,

Yay! Party!

oh. … I’ve been looking forward for months to this printer … I hope that at some point we can get them to return the return. I had to reread this several times to make sure I was not misreading it …

1 Like

I think the current amount quoted was $26,000-$27,000.

1 Like

As of 8/1 we had $27,657.36
As of 9/10 we had $29,764.79

4 Likes

I’m confused. CA voted to not buy the printer that they voted to buy, and got money from the BoD to buy some months ago?

What did you decide to get instead?

2 Likes

I am very confused. Yes, it was BoD approved money. I just thought it was in the works because they had to get rid of the old printers to make room.

Well, if CA doesn’t want it, I suppose they can transfer the money allocated and/or printer to Infrastructure. Infrastructure already has the copier/printer. It would be up to Infrastructure and the BoD.

I think the money was coming from CA funds

I told them that a lot of folks wanted that rpinter and we had lost member becasue we
didnt have one

Ohh. ok

Just today I was telling someone how great the space was … and it is … but one of the things I sold them with was the latex printer. I’ve been telling new people about it for months now.

1 Like

We voted tonight to revisit the decision based on the coming expansion.

In a time where we are not giving out $50 fellowship funds because of the coming expansion and tightening our belt (I was at that board meeting) we felt it best to revisit such a large expenditure and discuss options.

2 people voted for this printer, 2 abstained, 10 voted to return the printer.

5 Likes

For 9 months? I have no idea about the timeline on this and why the trigger was pulled so recently.

1 Like

Well … perhaps we can find someone that will donate it to the space … I think we will be expanding into donations very soon, if not now.

1 Like

Let’s stick to the point of my post.
I’m just asking for the sales contract.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure she is home asleep now, she has been up for 36 hours or more. I wouldn’t expect it until later in the day Wed.

What did CA vote to buy instead?

2 Likes

We discussed buying furniture and during the sewing meeting we want more machines
including at least one industrial one

I think that they are leary about letting go of that much money at this time
when they are not certain what all is needed

We need to see about returning the printer first before buying additional ones.

I was not informed the printer was going to be purchased this week. I had a motion to bring all new (less expensive) purchases to the table for next months meeting as noted in my notes (will post tomorrow). I tabled that because of the light that this was purchased.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity did the 19k include a service contract with HP?

The proposals posted on talk in December aren’t the ones agreed upon because the numbers don’t add up. As of this moment, I am not sure what was agreed upon nor received with the funds - thus my asking for the contract. I’ll find the links give me a second.

3 Likes