KMG grinder tool rest

The tool rest for the KMG grinder is missing I would like to make a better new one but I will need assistance from someone who can use the Bridgeport. If you can help me send me a direct message so we can schedule something. The sooner the better.

moved to Machine Shop.

The tool rest was moved to machine shop? Or the Bridgeport was moved to the new space?

I think he means he moved this thread to the Machine Shop message category.

Ah ok, I understand

Yeah you are asking for help making a new rest on the Bridgeport, so I moved the thread to the machine shop category since it’s likely to have more Bridgeport users reading it.

I would help but I’m about to go on more travel

I might can help out, depending on how precise or complex the piece is. I’m certified on the Bridgeport, but am no expert. Hit me up if you want to talk more though.

I made a temporary one but Brad Sims was correct in that we didn’t have anything thick enough. So we will revisit this once we have been able to find something for a permanent solution. Also I think we need to rethink the fixture bolts for the tool rest as well the current ones are too complicated to fix.

1 Like

Does anyone know what happened to the old KMG tool rest?

This doesn’t even look like it needs much machining. Just the grinder itself and some welding it looks like to me. But happy to take a look. I wouldn’t mind purchasing material if we need it for the good of the tribe.

Yes, and it’s being addressed.

2 Likes

The one that we need for this to be stable is going to probably be made from 1 solid piece of 1/2" plate steel

1 Like

Ah, I see now where the machining would come in. It might be beyond me, but happy to take a look and talk to you about it and we can go from there.

New rest is on order.

1 Like

What is the delivery ETA?

why did we end up ordering a new one? My understanding is it was back where it belongs

No eta yet, should have one soon

Just crossed communication wires. If we can cancel the order, we will, if not- we’ll have a backup.