Just bought a new tool / AR-15 build class

I did not mean to imply you could do the work at DMS. Upthread there was discussion about video conferenceing or other off-site venues.

That was my point - that you start with an 80% lower or a finished lower, the build is the same. And presumably not allowed at DMS.

I would suspect Walter used it with a heavy dose of sarchasm. As it should be.

1 Like

Draco - thanks for linking

Under the just approved Interim DMS Firearms policy, if it is a part for a firearm as defined by DMS, any work on it at DMS is be prohibited, BATFE has the 80% rule.

If members have suggestions for say gun cleaning or other items that can be clearly defined so we can make allowable, please submit what is trying to be achieved along with suggested draft language so we try to incorporate it.

Thanks

2 Likes

I am unable to open the link.

Try https://dms-discourse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/5/8/58ca989a8038a5dbe067520ef3461974fc491bc1.pdf

Hey, it worked for the Nazis. Godwin’s law fulfilled.

We must not let fear divide us. Fear is what causes good people to become overprotective. Fear is what causes good people to seek more protection and make harsher laws. Fear is the enemy here.

Thanks! Got it.
and a few char

I don’t disagree. I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of even talking about a scheme that would punish people for failing to adequately police other members. It’s insanity.

2 Likes

Not sure of the etymology of the term. Don’t think the anti gun fud folks have that level of creativity.
He seemed to love the term - sarcasm in a fun way.
He was very adamant that it could not be sold, given away, inherited, etc.
Not sure why he was so hung up on that, given there’s no way to trace the parts, etc. back to him.

Working on, owning, making ammunition for and general knowledge of legally purchased firearms by a non-criminal is what @Draco is pushing for, funny how we now call this loop holes and grey areas.

I love how being busy with work and in the busiest time of my second hobby Professional Pyrotechnics Display Operation is brooding. Sorry Art, I have a life outside of DMS as well. I love this place and I hope we can find a committee had that the BOD and speciffically @Kriskat30 will work with. Unfortunately that person is not me and though I am sad at that point, I will survive.
https://youtu.be/4G1dwudTwJg?t=39s

The Hatcher’s members were at the last member meeting, were we were told their would be open discussion of the situation surrounding hatcher’s. The discussion at the meeting was effectively the individual BOD members would come up with all rules separately and then would select the rules they wanted independently with out including the committee. While I’m glad you had a great discussion over Hatcher’s without anyone from the committee present, blaming Hatcher’s and It’s members for not being present after being informed they wouldn’t have input is seems a bit shite on your part.

Good luck, no sarcasm intended.

2 Likes