June 2021 What's Cooking?

Make us drool with your successful dishes. We’ll commiserate with your failures.

Pics/recipes appreciated!

@Team_Admin please sticky.

1 Like

didn’t cook it, but had it at a farmers market in ft Lauderdale. It’s a Venezuelan hot dog.
Topped with pico, fried onions, bacon bits, catsup, mustard and Mayo.

10 Likes

Same farmers market had a really nice selection of meats. The blood sausage was off thr hook.

7 Likes

Well, we wound up deciding to do some fancy-ish food since the kiddos were here for the weekend… but I didn’t do the best of platings… I promise better in the future!

Lamb

Grilled Lamb “T-Bone” Chops
Parmesan Au-Gratin Potatoes
Louisiana Style Mushrooms
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

7 Likes

I ran across this earlier today and figured I would share this abomination…

2 Likes

What? The guy with the black socks and sandals??

1 Like

It doesn’t even look that good…

Troglodyte moment edit #1

What we have here are enchiladas.
Enchiladas made with slow smoked pork shoulder (hickory), fresh made flour tortillas, fresh made enchilada sauce and freshly shredded extra sharp cheddar but I got at Central Market. (I don’t remember the brand off the top of my head. It was in there cheese Utopia area of the store on Greenville).

7 Likes

Hawaiian burger with onion and jalapeno fried potatoes.

5 Likes

First ribs on my Rec Teq 590

Six hours at 225. Couldn’t keep them in one piece!

And at three hours

6 Likes

Dinner tonight:
Bone in country style ribs glazed with my recipe barbecue sauce
Butter glazed basil carrots
Baked potato with garlic butter

7 Likes

Troglodyte moment edit #2

Here we find slow-roasted chicken quarters seasoned with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic cloves and a rough chopped half onion, green beans that have been blanched then pan seared with nutmeg, ginger and a splash of both soy and Worcestershire sauces, and grated potatoes that were fried in somewhere around a quarter pound of butter and season with sea salt and copious amounts of fresh ground black pepper.

6 Likes

Troglodyte moment edit #3

So there’s actually a story behind this one.

So a few years back I found a really nice, four cavity Shortcake pan like I had never seen before and of course I bought it, not having any idea what I was going to do with it because I’m not really a baker.

Fast forward to right before covid. I was at a dinner with a friend of mine who is, for lack of better terms, rather obsessed with meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy being the ultimate comfort food, in her opinion. While we were eating and carrying on with our conversation, she said (completely out of nowhere) “they should make cone shaped meatloaf filled with mashed potatoes and topped with gravy so you can get it from food trucks and not have to come to a restaurant like this”.

In that moment, I was struck with an epiphany and knew exactly, with the utmost confidence of what I was going to do with that damn shortcake pan that has been sitting on my shelf every since I bought it a couple of years prior.

And from that, this was born.

Meatloaf made with Half & Half fresh ground chuck and fresh ground pork shoulder, onions, red bell pepper, bread crumbs made from Town House Italian seasoned flatbread crackers and eggs then baked in a shortcake cup pan, filled with Idaho russet mashed potatoes with kerrygold butter and chives then topped with Brown pepper gravy made with Tippo double zero flour, butter, meatloaf pan drippings, beef stock and black pepper.

5 Likes

Dude. Need words… :smiley:
Let me guess
Meatloaf topped with mashed taters and shitake gravy surrounded by gruyere, cheddar, asiago and fontina fusilli…
Served sundae style.

2 Likes

Yeah… maybe I should add a word or two…

I’ll go back and edit the ones that I kind of went troglodyte on (point and grunt), lol!

2 Likes

Better now?
:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Potatoberry meatcake?

3 Likes

Outstanding. Thank you. :bowing_man:

2 Likes