June 2018 kiln news

Unloaded the bisque kiln.06021816430602181639a0602181639

5 Likes

I love the baby dragon!

1 Like

I think that’s a baby triceratops. And it’s slipcast…

2 Likes

Yes, it was in with the molds we have been moving, Annette made it.

2 Likes

Thank you. He’s so cute! Planning on having Sofia watercolor underglaze him, will post pics. once done.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see finished pics!

1 Like

Loaded the small kiln with bisque tonight. I’ll load the big kiln with bisque tomorrow.

There was a tall piece, and a big, big bowl as holdovers from previous firings. Both were not going to fit in the same kiln – not with our kiln furniture. The big, slab-built bowl won, as I think it’s been there longer. If you know who made it, let them know it’ll be ready to glaze in a couple of days.

I’ll probably load another bisque kiln next Monday. Maybe Sunday night… It will depend on how much more greenware is on the shelves.

2 Likes

Unloaded the bisque kiln.

4 Likes

And loaded a glaze kiln.

2 Likes

That owl is adorable.

1 Like

Glaze unloaded.

3 Likes

What’s the name of the orange glaze? Stunning!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded, including many class pieces.

There is currently quite a lot of bisque that needs to be picked up, please come get your stuff before it exceeds the thirty day rule! I much prefer your work in your hands instead of the dumpster, please don’t make me throw away your stuff. So sad!

1 Like

Loaded up a glaze kiln yesterday. It should be cool enough to open tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

Glaze unloaded (had a member with a flight and a birthday present in the kiln, :slight_smile: ). Everything looks great, had a couple of runners. Big ‘thank you’s to everyone who makes a drip tray for their more adventurous glazing experiments, y’all rock and our kiln shelves love you.

We still have a lot of unglazed bisque, please come get your stuff, save it from an untimely end 30 days from now!

3 Likes

The dinosaur turned out so well. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Bisque unloaded. Small bisque run loaded for raku class.

3 Likes

Loaded a glaze kiln. There were several pieces with splotches of glaze on the bottom that didn’t get in. Repeat offender… Plus a new person who needs the No Glaze On The BOttom memo.

1 Like

Glaze kiln unloaded.

1 Like

Bisque kiln unloaded.

3 Likes