Jumpserver trouble

I’m tring to attach to the Jumpserver and having trouble connecting. Appreciate your help.
I had to upgrade to windows 11 Pro to have access to the Remote Desktop, which I did.
Used computer physical.dallasmakerspace.org
user name b_glazer
so far so good.
BUT, when I tried to connect, I used my password and received a “credentials did not work” message. Not, sure why. Can you help correct this?
Brian

PS: You might want to add the need for windows pro upgrade to the Jumpserver FAQ doc.

This the reply I received from jphelps:

It’s most likely that you neglected to include the domain name in your user name field. Remember; DMS systems use a Domain for authentication and that domain name is DMS. E.g. "dms\NAME’ is what you’d use for Microsoft Windows RDP client.

You don’t need Windows 11 Pro for RDP, there are many free or paid client packages besides the one Microsoft provides. Some of them also make it more clear of the need to specify that pesky Domain name to login :wink:

It’s better to post this sort of thing publicly because I don’t always check Talk and there are many other members who can help with this sort of thing.

Good luck!

Thanks Mr Phelps… That was certainly not an Impossible Mission, your suggestion worked perfectly.
:winking back at ya:

2 Likes

So these did not work prior to upgrading?

I’ve not heard that Win11 doesn’t allow MSTSC in Home edition (but then I’ve really only worked with Pro/Ent editions in general).
Wonder if the Microsoft Remote Desktop App would work without the upgrade, which should only be needed if one wishes to host rdp connection.

As for the problem with credentials…
I have to ask: you’re not using Talk’s credentials, right, but the ones used to access the billing portal? Classic mixup, if not.
Otherwise…not sure. Was expecting the dms\username to do the trick.