Jukebox-No Haiku

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/zip/d/seeburg-juke-box/6381464237.html
I wish I had {time, space, knowledge, etc.} but maybe you do…

3 Likes

Hmmmmmm

I wish I had
{time,space,knowledge,etc.}
But maybe you do …

(Sneaky haiku):sunglasses:

Wish I had space right now … have 850 R&R 45’s

2 Likes

850!!!

All That vinyl has got to be worth something.

Only to a collector. I got most of them between 1980 and 1982.

Maybe sometime if we want a R&R Sock-hop or something I can dig them out.

If anyone picks this jukebox up, I have all of the Ron Rich manuals for the Seeburgs, including the one for the Red/Grey box system that this one uses. I’m no stranger to this era of Seeburg so feel free to hit me up. Been doing jukeboxes for 25 years.

1 Like

I got two that I plan on starting this year. One is a 47 trashcan. And other is from 1961 I think

1 Like

Nice! Let me know if you need some help sourcing parts or eliminating the gremlins.

I’ve done an electronic rebuild on a Trashcan Seeburg for a friend. Very simple amplifier, Dual 6V6 output. The crystal cartridge is almost guaranteed to be bad. I’ve used P51-3 ceramic replacements from thevoiceofmusic.com with great success on 78RPM machines. The 3-mil needle is what you want to use on shellac 78’s for minimal distortion. If you choose to use reproduction vinyl 78’s, they also make a 2-mil version for those.

As far as the '61 Seeburg, sounds like it might be an LPC. They used the T-shaped needles that are getting to be tough to find. One trick is to replace the tonearm with a later version that accepts the cartridge using wedge-shaped needles. They’re still widely available fortunately. That era Seeburg is all tube with an interesting selection memory system - it uses ferrite core memory like the old mainframes! Bulletproof once relubed and recapped.

2 Likes

![0D9334D8-4B3E-4CF3-BEC8-0B48826CE2F7|666x500](//dms-discourse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/c/4/c4ab97d32b6563f4c29eea3e8fbc6f45b25520c5.jpeg

This is the 61 Seaborg

1 Like