JST crimp kit and connectors?

Do we have a JST Crimp tool and connectors in E-Lab by chance? Every once in awhile I run into a need to do either the regular or mini variety.

If not would anyone have suggestions for a kit that can cover the most ground for a reasonable price?

I got this kit for JST XH connectors but it was a lower price when I bought it.
Qibaok Crimping Tool Kit Ratcheting Crimper with 1550PCS 2.54mm Dupont Connectors and 760pcs 2.54mm JST-XH Connectors for AWG 26-20(0.1-0.5mm²) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZK5F8HP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_3lcZFbNBBWCBB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried a few different ones from Amazon and all had their issues, especially trying to align correctly and then most are 2 step crimping (crimp 1 for the wire and crimp 2 for the shroud).

Then I found this one and never looked back…

It has a fairly easy alignment and if you cut the pin strip, leaving some of the feeder ‘tape’ rather than completely remove the pin/socket from the strip then the strip acts as a guide for the insertion distance and also makes it easier to get the orientation right (hopefully that all made sense!!!)

These crimps are also single action so crimp both the connection crimp and the shroud crimp at the same time. Insert and align the pin then close the crimps to the first click, make sure all is aligned then insert wire and finish full closure. Perfect results every time.

They are still a little fiddly with small pins but that is more due to my bad eye sight than anything else :slight_smile:

2 Likes