JST Connector & Crimp Tool

Does the Electronics Lab have JST Crimp Tool and connectors? I have a board that needs a new JST
connector so I can connect this battery to it.

The battery has a JST-PHR-02 connector which appears to be compatible with the JST PH connector.

EEMB Lithium Polymer Battery 3.7V 820mAh 653042 Lipo Rechargeable Battery Pack with Wire JST Connector for Speaker and Wireless Device

Don’t know if we have that specific crimp tool. There is a collection of crimp tools in the bottom drawer of the black tool box.

1 Like

I’m a little confused because you say:

The PH is hard coded as a wire to board connector - there is no crimping on the board side, just through-hole or surface mount pin housing assemblies. There are no crimpable pins on the board side, just female wire contacts.

If you really need to crimp, we have two of the “Engineer” brand PA series crimping tools that have die positions that are the right physical size for crimping these contacts, but they are a real pain to do. You need to do them in two stages - the wire and them the strain relief. The contacts are tiny, and delicate, and very hard to do without inadvertently deforming them.

There are some compatible cables with connectors pre-crimped on them in a box of donated stuff in the e-lab on the table next to the big tool box. I seem to remember they were paired with right angle board mount connectors.

You’re right. I should have said an adapter wire that’s attached to the board. The bare ends of the adapter wire is where I need to add the JST connectors.
Thanks!

I use these connectors a lot, and much as I hate to say it, I’d just splice the wires and move on.

1 Like

I have some two pin JST connectors, both male and female that have pigtails on them. If you’d like some, I can bring them in. Then you can just splice them to your existing wires.

2 Likes

Thanks @ozindfw and @mdredmond,

I haven’t crimped this small of connectors before, but like a challenge so I’ve ordered a crimp tool and some connectors.

If I fail miserably I’ll revert to splicing them.

Thanks for your advice and offer!

D Steel