Jointer, Surface Planer and Drum Sander Problems?

Please look over the jointer, surface planer and drum sander for potential problems as follows:

From my experience, the key to getting a perfectly straight edge on the jointer is to take an absolute minimum “kiss” cut. Heavier cuts with our machine will result in a cambered or bowed edge, preventing excellent edge glue-ups. Something is not right with the jointer depth adjustment and lock handle?

Both the surface planer and drum sander are not feeding correctly. From my experience, the feed rollers are probably out of adjustment (not perfectly horizontal).

I’ll be in tonight, most the time with the jointer someone has moved the depth screw on the indeed side, or the 2 table have become non co planer(ha get it) but it’s always an easy fix and I’ll check it out tonight! And same with the drum sander since it’s only supported on one side it sags so the feed belt needs to be tilted to compensate for the ever so slight sag, the planer I don’t have much experience maintaining so that will have to be someone else who’s familiar with how to adjust that but the other two I’ll look at tonight

1 Like