Click here for details and to apply!
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Provide operations and logistics support for the library makerspace learning community. Plan and develop makerspace 3D programs. Build makerspace partnerships among campus user community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with faculty regarding Makerspace related course activities.
- Maintain library Makerspace equipment, materials inventory.
- Counsel Makerspace users regarding best practices.
- Ensure compliance with safety, rules/policy guidelines.
- Provide multi-format equipment and use instruction.
- Process user requests for 3-D printing, sign printing, etc.
- Advise library supervisor regarding Makerspace issues, needs, continuous improvement.
- Assist with Makerspace assessment activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of 3D printing and 3D scanning
- Knowledge of Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Knowledge of design software
- Knowledge about the software to install
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to provide individual/small group instruction
- Ability to offer advice to and work closely with young inventors
- Ability to answer any questions related to printer/scanner problems
- Able to adapt quickly and solve problems
- Ability to determine cause of software problems and resolve or refer for maintenance and repair
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Little physical effort required.
Associate degree from an accredited institution and one (1) year of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two (2) additional years of related work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.