It's ok, I'll take care of it for you

To whomever it was that was in the Auto Bay between 2 and 2:30 today, I understand you must be busy and cleaning up a mess you left behind must take up too much of your precious time to bother with, so I will take care of it for you because I love cleaning other people’s messes when they are just too busy or if cleaning up their mess is just beneath them and they don’t want to do it.
So thank you for volunteer opportunity.

In all seriousness though, I have been noticing lately that every time I come in whether it’s to use the Auto Bay, the work Tables by the wood shop, the metal shop, Etc, the areas just seem to be a disaster because lately they’re being used and the people using them are not cleaning up after themselves. They’re just leaving their mess behind for someone else to deal with for whatever reason.

You’ll have to forgive me, today has just been one of those days and it just happened to be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.
:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is nothing new. DMS has long had its share of members who (A) don’t clean up after themselves, (B) people who do a poor job of cleaning up after themselves, and (C) people who are conscientious and generally do a good job of cleaning up after themselves…as well as cleaning up after groups A and B above.

Personal accountability should prevail. Lacking that, we have video cameras and take recordings at every major work station at DMS. If you think it’s onerous, contact your Chair and see if someone is willing to review tape to see who’s not being accountable for cleaning up after themselves.

That said, it’s quite possible that the fluid on the floor dripped out without the members’ awareness as he/she was backing their vehicle out. Hard to say by just looking at the photos. I’m for giving most people the benefit of the doubt…until all reasonable doubt’s been removed.

1 Like

I’m fully aware that it’s nothing new, I’m just saying that it seems to have gotten quite a bit worse here lately.

I’m also willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it’s just becoming more and more blatant. That’s all I was really trying to point out.

1 Like

Your best recourse is to notify the chairs of any ‘blatant’ member infractions. We’ve historically not done a very good job of training new members on ‘member expectations’ when to comes to cleaning up after ones’ self. The cycle continues…

1 Like

by tagging them in a post on Talk like this: @Team_Automotive

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this! Any idea what the fluid left behind was?

Thanks

Freddy

Honestly, not really.

After I parked and noticed it, I make sure it wasn’t my truck leaking, took pictures and then cleaned it up.

I didn’t notice any kind of smell to it but it did have a foam build up to it, so it wasn’t just water.

A diluted cleaner Maybe?

Hey, that was the residue from Allen and I blowing out the windshield washers on the Town and country. A little must have dripped to the floor, apologies we didn’t see it when we left to go pick up the tables for pillars of solitude

2 Likes

Was not you mini van. My mistake.