It's not all that great in this country some/many say, but how would you describe this?

Something to think about. It’s 1984 catching up.

1 Like

They left out that Google is more than happy to help them with this to make up for 10+ years of lost revenue.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-02/pichai-the-pragmatic-plows-into-china-and-google-workers-fume

1 Like

I believe some version of that is, or will soon, happen here. Depending on how it is spun, it will find acceptance will large groups of people, regardless of their political/idealogical association. Track people that a particular group in power find a threat? Let’s use it. What if it’s prisoners recently paroled. How about suspected terrorists. How about KKK members. Pick a group and someone will be happy to track them with this…just so long as they don’t track ME, they’ll say.

1 Like

Those that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither…

2 Likes

I’ve heard that, but it sounds like a slogan more that a realistic way to live one’s life. it. I don’t about the deserve part. I think if we all got what we truly deserve, this would be a planet devoid of humans, but I agree with the sentiment in principal. I’m interested in discussing it IRL at the space if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Sure, let me know wen you would like to meet. I would enjoy it

2 Likes

Cool man. I’m always there on weekends and Wednesdays. Next time I’m up I’ll ping you on talk to see if your there.