Items being tossed on Friday

Items that have been forgotten for over a month, reminder that our policy is 30 days on the shelf and then we toss it, we have given a week extra on these items already, we are tossing them on Friday, just wanted to give everyone ample warning! It’s the saddest part of our space duties, please don’t make us do it! Come get them please

2 Likes

:amphora: We also have a lot of bisque not being picked up, and have placed blue stars in all the pots to mark their 30 day period on the shelf which began 9/10 and will end on 10/10. At that point we will have to throw them away.

:large_blue_diamond: ABOUT THE BLUE STARS- if your piece has a blue star and it is before 10/10 it is in no danger of being thrown out until 10/10 or after.

:leftwards_hand: When picking up your piece please place the blue star back into the tube in the glass on the pick up shelf:

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Hey y’all! I was gone for a month due to adjusting to a new job and was able to retrieve some pieces from this table. However, there are a few of mine missing, which is odd, because all my pieces were on the same shelving space.

This one circled is a matcha bowl I made that I couldn’t find

This one is a planter with a matching base I also couldn’t find anywhere

This was one Alex and I collabed on and we both didn’t see it at the table when we came today /:

All my projects were made around the same time (some on the beginning of aug and some around the middle of aug) and took up the same shelf tier space, so it’s odd to have missing pieces. If anyone mistakenly took them I would love to have them back, and if anyone on kiln duty could keep an eye out for pieces in similar shape to this getting fired I would appreciate that very much!

Thank you for holding onto these pieces regardless and I’m excited to be back at makerspace more often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ange,
If these were dated after Aug 10 they would still be on the shelf. We have some members who are more diligent about checking and tossing items over a month old and they could have tossed them before I got to them Wednesday if they were dated the first part of august or july. I did this massive clean out because we didn’t have room for new items. I did the post to try to make sure people who wanted to save their items had the opportunity to get them, even though that’s not what we usually do and is extra work to do so. I really hate throwing people’s items away and recognized the collab piece you and Alex did and put it through bisque to save it-

Now that the piece is moved to the bisque shelf it has 30 days before being tossed there.

I wish we could save all the pieces but we wouldn’t have enough space.

I hope your new job is going well, we miss seeing you at the space!
:yellow_heart: Jamie

3 Likes

I don’t know if my pieces have been tossed out yet but if not could someone set them aside to help my mom who will come this weekend during tour time if that’s ok.

I have moved to college (outside of Texas) for the school year until thanksgiving week for my break and I had a couple pieces I did in but when I left they were in the kiln (not glazed kiln). I have asked my mom to come and pic them up but she doesn’t know the layout of the place (mainly ceramics area) and which pieces is mine. which is why I ask someone to do this huge favor. I have sent her my pictures of my pieces but I don’t know if they were tossed. she does have the key fob but not artsy so doesn’t really understand. So sorry about this. if you can’t its fine. it was practice before I came up to school.

Thankyou and sorry again.

This is such a late reply but thank you for letting me know, Jamie! I totally understand having to clean them out, and again thank you for the update on all the other pieces.
Just an idea, but it would be cool if we had lockers or something to rent out so we could keep things we’re working on for longer periods of time there or for when we didn’t have the means to transport a lot of pieces!

: ) Hope to see u soon!!

Yes, glad I could update you and sorry I couldn’t find more of them. I saw your collab piece come out of glaze and it looks great!

As for storage, we don’t have lockers, but we do have the bucket rentals, and people use it for all kinds of things, which could be good if going away for a while. It’s a one time pay of $10 and then you have your bucket as long as you are a member. It’s big enough to store a couple things, if you used boards and stands you could probably fit 8-10 pieces of green ware or so in there. They don’t lock, but I’ve never heard of anyone losing anything from someone in their bucket and they have the cameras on them. Let me know if you’re interested and I can point you in the right direction!

1 Like

(minor correction, it is 20$ iirc. You do get to keep the bin for the lifetime of your membership, but if you drop your membership for more than a short while without notifying us, you will need to re-sign up/pay again when you resume.)

3 Likes

Oh awesome!!! I’m highly interested in a bucket space :slight_smile: Who would I need to contact?

So – find an empty bin. Wander by the stacks by 3D fab or blacksmithing to refresh you on what they look like. Somewhere in the Space (maybe by one of the bin storage spots!) will be a stack of bins and lids. Get an envelope and write your pertinent info on it. Put your $20 in the envelope and tape it to the bin. Find an empty slot and put your bin there. Eventually someone will come by and process it and you’ll get one of the cool labels. If you don’t like the colors you see – these bins come from Ikea.

While Jamie has recommended this, be aware that they don’t hold a lot of weight. Definitely fine for your tools and maybe some clay and/or greenware (or bisque), but don’t load it up too heavy. A 50-lb block of damp clay will probably break the sides of your bin. The example I’ve heard was car parts…

Josh may have other things to add.

3 Likes

Please, please, please, write your DMS username (The one that you use to log into the computer/ calendar with) on said envelope.

A lot of people will write their talk username, which if it’s different, I cannot use to find you/record ownership of the bin.

3 Likes

Thank you both!!!

We have a lot of expired items on the shelf @coffeebean & I have moved to the side table. These items to be tossed Friday 10/20/23
Please come pick up!!!

As a reminder, it’s 30 days on a ware board and 2 weeks on a community bat. All these items are at or will be reaching 30 day throw out on Friday, even the ones on the bats.

If you need to know more about our community policies, please sign up for our ceramics 100 classes, we have many on the calendar currently. :calendar:

We hate throwing your beauties away! Please come get them.

2 Likes