It happens sometimes

My company had a reorg today. I was “displaced” in the reorg. That is I’m now in the market for a new job. I was provided some time to help transition the new guy and a severance but I am aggressively looking for a new job.

I’ve been the CEO of my own startup, a VP of IS and IT for a large company, the VP of Support for another, the HIPAA Security Officer for several companies, VP of Engineering, CIO of two organizations and I’m currently the Release Manager, reporting to the COO, for Aprima Medical Software who does .NET and Agile development work. We also have a mobile and portal development team and I’m engaged on all of these projects. I have been in Healthcare for many years, I love the engineering process and I’m not hung up on titles.

I have a BS in Computer Science and an MBA in General Business. I’m open to either contract or full time work. If your company is hiring and you can send me the URL for the firm and I’ll check out the open jobs.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I believe the way to find the best jobs is to find them through your friends and associates. DMS has some of the most talented people I know so I thought I’d put out this request.

If you don’t believe this can happen to you, think again. Company’s priorities change and regardless of how great a job you do, you can end up in the unemployment line.

2 Likes

Good luck man. That is such a bummer. Southwest Airlines seems to always have positions available so here you go. Best of luck!

https://careers-southwest.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchPositionType=2049&searchLocation=12781-12827-Dallas

If you are interested, I can send you my list of recruiters. I am in accounting but some might be able to help. I am sorry it happened and wish there was an opening at my company but reading your post I’m sure you will find something quickly. If I hear about anything that might be a fit I will let you know.

I am in the same boat. Companies don’t have loyalty to their employees only loyalty to money, thus we shouldn’t have loyalty to the companies. I hate to see it this way but we’re not in the industrial revolution anymore. I sure hope you find something, you have a ton more experience than I do. I’m re-evaluating what I want to do as a career and so far it’s nothing but hourly jobs and short term contract positions.

2 Likes

My company recently oursourced our IT services to HCLtech.com - I have a co-worker whose spouse was “fired” by us and “hired” by HCL on the same day. Still works in the same place doing the same job. Apparently they have quite a few openings at many levels.

I have loyalty to my company because they have my money (pension that vests in 2 years) :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s a one-sided proposition. I sure hope those pensions are protected.

Mitch, it is crazy these days. I’ve done this job and done it well. I received Incentive Stock Options in Januaru for setting up the new release process. I received a nice raise last year, too. I was told I was doing a great job in my review. Then today I was told that I’ve been displaced by another employee. His job was eliminated so they put him in my job and displaced me.

In any case, I loved the job and the people here, but unfortunately the company is having some loss in sales and existing customers so I guess it was inevitable that some folks would need to be let go.

It is not a fun thing, but I feel I’ll land in a better job as a result.

Thanks everyone for your support and help. Mitch, I’ll keep an eye open for something for you in my search. PM me your resume if you think about it.

1 Like

I would love to have your list of recruiters.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

I hate this, several Makers have just lost their jobs. Let me know if I can do anything for you

I’ll keep my eyes open

Thanks Brian. I’m looking at this as an opportunity to take on a new challenge. Sad to leave a company I’ve really enjoyed working at, but I’m also looking forward not back.

I wanted to give you all an update on my job hunt. First, I had my third phone interview today and it was the most successful. I am interviewing with the SVP of Vizient next week. Second, I had an in person lunch interview today and was offered a contracting opportunity. Third, I found out from a friend who used to work for me that his company was hiring a VP of Development. He forwarded my resume to the SVP and the SVP indicated he was very interested in talking to me. Finally, I’ve applied for over a hundred jobs online and I’m now getting lots of calls.

I appreciate all of your help, your prayers and concerns. DMS is a group of amazing people willing to help at almost any time whether it is a job hunt or building that clock that you’ve always wanted to build. (Your clock was awesome @tapper!) Thanks for everything.

17 Likes