[issue] Mitersaw impaired, blade guard damaged

The Mitersaw blade guard is damaged so you have to lift it a couple inches be for you can lower the saw, it’s either the guide that lifts it missing it’s original washer and not working correctly or a stop on the right side missing and letting the guard close to far.

@Team_Woodshop

Thanks for reporting this! I noticed an issue yesterday and replaced a washer which seemed to work for the time I was at the shop. If it failed again then we definitely need to replace it. I will source a new cover and have it in the shop by next week. If any one @Team_Woodshop is around to look at it please do or put an out of order sign on it.

3 Likes

I know the miter saw is used a lot and it will impact many projects being down. I do have a miter saw at home that I can bring in and let others use it until the repair is completed.
Troy

Thanks for the suggestion Troy, I’d rather we not move anything around. The new miter stand was built specifically for the Bosch saw because its unique low profile, any other saw model would not fit or align properly with the fence. I already called Bosch and got them to send us a new blade guard and dust boot as a warranty claim :slight_smile: i am traveling today so can not come donmaintenance. In the meantime I’ll ask @cghaly @bknapp or @IanLee take a look at a temporary solution/repair to keep the tool in service.

2 Likes

Tool board says the miter saw is green. But I’m guessing based on this thread that isn’t the case?

Saw is now working correctly.

1 Like