Is this your mess

I haven’t checked the camera YET but I will. If you left this you better have a damn good reason otherwise I can assure you you will not be using the bandsaw after we get the rfid on it. clean up after your self.

1 Like

There was a decent mess yesterday in the machine shop as well.

Additionally someone left the sherline Chuck & tool post out. I put it all up & then got tired of watching the video.

3 Likes

what was that line from the movie Taken?
“I have a particular set of skills. I will find you and I will _____ you.”

1 Like

Starting to look like DMS is going to have few less members soon. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This had to have occurred after I left last night. I used the Colchester and completely wiped it down including cleaning out the chip pan and swept the floor. Tools I used included the collet tooling (1/2) collet, 6 & 12 inch calipers, turning/facing insert tool, a rubber mallet and the cut-off saw. There was one other individual using the drill press while I was on the lathe…very nice person making writing pen…he cleaned up his mess. I used my own private bottle of Dykem.

1 Like

This was before you got here Will. Charles & myself picked it up.

1 Like

I have identified the person who left the mess and our calipers out. It will be dealt with. thank you.

5 Likes

yeah right…one can only hope to offload the baggage that doesn’t feel that they need to clean up…

4 Likes

I have not had time to post yet but the bridgeport was a mess too.

4 Likes

Thank you . Let me know what that timeline is please

1 Like

A “purging” of the DMS membership pool of habitual mess makers and self entitled thieves? :grinning::scream:

4 Likes

I documented another lathe mess when I came in last night. This was photographed by a DMS Official whom I sought out…sorry, I forgot his name.

Most importantly regarding whoever made this mess…we are lucky to even have a lathe to use! The toolpost was clamped down half -off the compound! The compound t-nut casting could have cracked and broken!

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll check.

1 Like

Hey Will, when was this? I used the Lathe Friday afternoon until about 4:30p, and admittedly had to leave in a hurry to get to a function that evening… cleaned everything up though, only thing I may have forgotten to do is move the tool post back into place since I was using the chuck to drill a center hole in a piece of aluminum. That may have been me leaving it off center, but for the little bit I used a cutter to actually square the end of the piece, it was actually set up correctly.

1 Like