Is this Quadcopter a good buy? Is it a good deal?

I’m visiting my folks in Alabama and found this DJI Phantom FC-40 for sale on Craigslist.

I’m looking to get a quadcopter with a gimbal camera and am wondering:

a) is this a good copter/camera, given that it is 720P 30 FPS? What about handling, durability, etc. of the quad itself?

b) Pricing seems like a pretty good deal. I saw $700+ new on Amazon and [$379 used 8+ from BHPhoto]
(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801336744-USE/dji_cp_pt_000027_phantom_fc40_quadcopter_with.html).

I suspect this is an older (and hence discounted) model. Would I be better buying the current generation (because the new is that much better) or taking advantage of the discount? I’m looking mostly for flying for fun, taking some aerial property shots, and fiddling around. No commercial use, no racing.

What are your first or 2nd hand experiences with this Quad?

Yes, it’s an older discontinued model, but I think it’s a good price. It’s still a phantom, which means it’s easy to set up and fly. The only real disadvantage is the camera - new models are starting to come with 4k cameras. Durability should be fine - the main thing that gets broken is props, and those are easy to find. If this is your first multirotor, I’d say go for it. You could always look into upgrading the camera, or if nothing else, re-sell it on craigslist for the same price if you get bored with it.

1 Like

Thanks @hasbridge. The fly ability and age info was exactly the info I needed. I’m gonna take a look at it on Friday.

Also really easy to hack and turn into a wifi pineapple since that’s the same model Darren Kitchen had up on the show a few seasons ago.