Is this Material Allowed on Laser?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFNKVH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought this acrylic keychain blank kit. I know from the wiki that rastering is best done on cast acrylic. Has anyone ever bought a kit like this and successfully rastered on this kind of acrylic? I can’t tell if it is cast or extruded from the description.

Both types are certainly allowed on the laser, so don’t worry about trying. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding the differences between the two for engraving.

2 Likes

But as a suggestion, you might reverse the image and raster the back side of the blank.

4 Likes

Cast acrylic engraves cleanly. Extruded acrylic is kind of a mess for engraving. If they engrave like crap you’ll know which it is. Maybe buy one set to test.

You might find the already cut out blanks are a waste of time/money cause you can cut them out in any shape you want if you buy sheet. You’ll need a jig to hold them and labor to align them if you start with already cut blanks.

2 Likes

I was planning on using the Fusion, so I wasn’t too worried about aligning them because the Fusion has a handy camera. The other option is using my Cricut at home, but that would be more of a pain to line up

Extruded acrylic also tends to get little microcracks along laser cuts which mess up the finish.

2 Likes