Is this a jig or a forgotten scrap in the laser? 3/8/2020

Is this you?

I came in to use the laser this Sunday morning and found this in the laser. Hard to tell if this is a jig someone set up for repetitive cutting (which I’d hate to screw up) or someone who just left their scrap behind when their cuts were done.

In either case, this is less than excellent: leaving the machine apparently in use but not actually being used.

1 Like

I’ve walked in to this before as well. Usually the person will show up 0.1 seconds after you start to reset the laser for your own project…

Certainly should either clean the laser or leave a sign that they’ll be right back.

For the record, I usually check the computer. If the computer is logged out I’ll assume they’re done. Otherwise I’ll give them some time and see if they show up.

Computer was logged in but screen was locked. I gave them 20 mins to show up, concluded it was forgotten, cleared the scrap, and ran my job.

FWIW it is routine for “Another User” to be logged in (with the screen locked) when I (occasionally) use the laser computers.

1 Like