Is there powder coating at the makerspace?

Can you push me in the right direction? I appreciate the help.

1 Like

There is.
@Team_Metal_Shop are the folks to talk with.
Specifcally @hon1nbo Jim is the chair, but others can help you get started.
What kind of thing are you looking to poweder coat?

Footpegs for a 2 seat airplane. They are about 18" long. Are there ever classes to train or is it something that I can learn through youtube?

1 Like

The process is pretty simple, someone can walk you through it.

The oven does require a spot training because it is a confined space so LOTO applies.

1 Like

If you have opporutnity to sit one of the “Hot Processes” classes, it is now included in that, too, I do believe.

It’s not on the slide deck on the Wiki, and that’s what I use for HPSC…

That, I think, needs remedied, as I’m 97% sure Jim wants it included…
Wonder if we can figure out who does those slides and knows something (a very little something) about getting them onto the wiki…

1 Like

Well well well.
It’s already in the deck on the G-suite Metal Shop Drive…

Now, to get it into the wiki…

1 Like

Well, it SAYS it’s uploaded, but in true Wiki fashion, it refuses to serve up the new one. Let’s let it rest a bit and see if it manages to start doing that…

Teachers should be using the deck from G Suite since it’s always up to date and the working copy; I sometimes forget to update the wiki copy (as apparently I did when that update went in)

The oven needs a spot train, however the current powder coating gun does not. I teach a class but I’ve been pretty swamped. Eastwood has some great youtube videos

If you use our powder it’s $1.25/oz, or you can bring your own

2 Likes

It looks like you’re not a member, since you don’t have that green dot by your name. Were you thinking of joining so you could use our equipment?

Now serving up the LOTO version on the wiki…

2 Likes

I think Nathan is a member, but has different email addresses on Talk than on WHCMS, so they can’t sync up. But I could be mistaken…

I am a member, was a member, then rejoined. Must have had 2 accounts. Will try to figure out the mismatch between the old and new accounts.

I WANT MY GREEN DOT

1 Like

That’s a job for!!! – @Team_Moderators!! And, we should probably tag @Team_Infrastructure for your issues with your accounts. I was going to say that you should open an Issue ticket, but I think that’s hidden behind the Members Only Wall.

Hi, My son and I are both new members and do powder coating. we have a small shop. I could do them for you if that is an option. based on what yo posted it would probably be about $40 to blast, and powder.
moderators, if this is not the proper place to post this please let me know.

Our company is Electrokoat. phone number 214-632-5383. we have a shop but do it part time. I could get them from you at the makerspace. oh what color are you needing?

Thanks for letting us know. That could be very useful fro many members who do not want to DIY. We do have a specific space for sales/services https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/c/off-topic/makertrade

Go to this category link and create a new post filling in the requested information.