Is there and Video Capture HW and SW available?

Is there any hardware available to do video capture from an external source (dvd/vcr,digital camera)?

Thanks,
Al

Small thing to note, the kind of interface you need would depend on the type of digital camera, i.e. if you’re talking about an old digital 8 or minidv, that might just be a cable, depending on the hardware you’re dealing with.

As far as anything with analog RCA output i.e. red, white, and yellow cables, I haven’t seen this hardware in the space but it’s possible it’s tucked someplace, I have an old one, but it’s firewire and therefor difficult to use on modern systems. Current gen solutions for this kind of capture are USB based, and are also way cheaper than they used to be and you can find a device that will do this for
< 50 dollars or so on amazon.

Yup. Found a $40 dollar card at microcenter yesterday. The input is HDMI… so I bought an HDMI’s to rca converter at Walmart today.

Also had to get through windows 10 issue preventing OBS from seeing the video —> disable frame server mode in registry.

Working well with rca through the converter . Tried recording directly from dvd player and there is something in that hdmi signal that the capture device didn’t like. Working on it.

StarTech makes a “Composite & S-Video to USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter Cable” that goes for 40 that is probably the most straightforward way to do this at native resolution from RCA, but it sounds like you have a solution.

Note that there might be an upscaler of unknown quality inside that RCA to hdmi interface that could introduce artifacts, but most of them work pretty well.

Thanks for the tip!