Is the router back up?

@Team_Woodshop does anyone know if the router table is back up and running yet?

Nope

Not yet parts are coming from Canada and should be here on Wednesday

Fixed shortly there after if all goes as planned

2 Likes

Yeah as Mike said, we are waiting for parts that are specific to the lift and not available locally.

I’m tracking them daily and as soon as they are in I’ll install them. Most likely Wednesday early evening.

@zacharymarkson - I don’t want to butt into your business, but for statistical purposes do you mind telling me what type of cut/work you need to do on the router table?

I’m kicking something around in my head whose usefulness depends on what is most-often done on our table.

Thanks -

Matt

I need to cut a large number of relatively precise bevels on some oak. but usually i use it to do roundovers on finished projects, or to cut channels in things like picture frames. Occasionally I will use it to make a piece of custom trim

1 Like

The router table is operational, but could use a thorough calibration. The motor about 1/100th-1/50th of an inch off level from side to side. I did not check the front to back alignment, but it’s very close. I didn’t have time to calibrate it after my class last night, but I will be there tomorrow morning or Sunday evening to do so if no one else can get to it first. Manual is in the filing cabinet.

1 Like

Aw geez. I used the manual (on my phone) when re-installing the motor. It looked like the mechanism is self-centering.

No worries Matt. Thank you very much for your help. The lift mechanism works much better now.