Is anyone good with cars and doesn’t mind teaching me?

Vida,

If you are available Sunday, i will be available most of the late morning and afternoon doing to few things with my car.

What year make and model is your car? This helps for maintenence and repairs like alternators etc. Some vehicles makes replacing an alternator really easy and then others make it unusually difficult.

Happy to help.

2 Likes

On the subject of jumper cables, if you’re considering ever jump-starting your car, you should buy jumper cables. And – they should be the heavy-duty variety. The lesser version can break, but my heavy-duty cables have been fine for a long, long time

The main reason you want your own jumper cables is that many folks don’t have any. I have been “saved” a few times because I’ve got my own cables. There I was, in a largely deserted parking lot, and the only person who was willing to help didn’t have cables. I had my own…

3 Likes

As someone who knows better but did as I do, not as I say, and therefore had none on site when my last battery went flat, DO THIS!
I enjoyed the distinct pleasure of walking 1 mile in 106°F heat in a section of town with no sidewalks, lugging 50lbs of lead-acid for half of it, AND feeling lucky that’s all it was to nearest auto parts store. This was 2 weeks ago. Good memories!

3 Likes

Uber! Lyft!

1 Like

That’s what my wife offered to call for me. I said I’d rather walk. Plus, i got it done in less time than I’d have spent waiting for the ride.

2 Likes

I cannot recommend a jump start pack enough.

If kept properly charged, it can jump start in almost all circumstances. No second vehicle needed.

Modern ones can also charge your phone or power almost any USB device.