Is anyone at the space?

Is anyone at the space who can melt some gold for me really quick? I know the process but, I’m not cleared to use anything in jewelry.

Doubtful, is anyone in the jsm area? Most of the people who cast are there earlier in the day. Jump on discord to see if anyone is around.

I have no clue how to get on there. And I didn’t see anyone.

JSM needs casting classes badly. I’m sorry you weren’t able to find anyone.

You are already on the discord?

But I’m not sure who you would tag there either.
@Diplomat has some experience melting gold and the issues with trying to sell it after. I remember it being troublesome because he melted it and not the shop buying it

I think JSM has their own channel. It’s posted on the metal cabinet.
@Terrence @JBluJkt

Sure, it’s part of the overall DMS discord. https://discord.gg/xtGNXW

But if you mean a separate discord, I can’t be of any help, I don’t have the link for that one

It’s separate I believe.

Post a link! Im always interested in small metal work

Can’t cast/teach when furnaces and crucibles keep getting blown up. :upside_down_face:

It took 6 mos plus to get the last one replaced, and we just got new crucibles in, for the ones that mysteriously vanished a few weeks ago.

We just got guidelines together on sign offs, safety, etc for the classes, and have 3 ppl working on various forms of casting to teach.

4 Likes

https://discord.gg/ATvdmG :+1:t3:

1 Like

Did they reorder the crucibles?

They were ordered first week in April. One set from China idk where the other sets are from. But both ordered.

I need to melt down my old wedding ring and turn it into something makery.

4 Likes

Is this another discord channel?

I thought it was this one?

Just asking as when I clicked the link it wanted me to sign up again, confusing? thanks!

It is a separate server. There is a “channel” on the DMS server. Ours is geared more for safety and committee info.

Keeps track of committees needs, has order forms, links, safety info, mia/broken how too etc.

2 Likes

This needs to not be a class but a whole therapy weekend session thing for divorcees in the woods with some booze and a large pit-fire. I could see this being the last symbolic action.
Canoeing on your own
Crying and running nude in the fields (note buy bugspray at costco in bulk)
Axe throwing at pictures
Some fireworks (because we know the peoples)
Oh we could be hundredaires with this idea.

4 Likes

I’m not getting a divorce… but can suggest some booze infused foods like…

1 Like

I know people who buy big jars of maraschino cherries, drain the liquid, and then replace all of the drained liquid with equal parts rum. Put it in the back of your refrigerator for three months, and enjoy.

1 Like

yes to this!