Interested in Wearable Electronics class? LEDs, sounds, voice module, LED strip, remote control

@uglyknees posted a link to a flexible Arduino which was fascinating and could be of interest to folks interested in wearable electronics. It is not in production and I did not see estimates of schedule or cost. But there is no need to wait. There are many products that are usable in this area and an increasing number, designed to support wearable electronics.

I asked @Kriskat30 if she thought a class would be justified and she gave great encouragement and volunteered to help in planning. I supply all the parts except the laptop for my electronics classes. I have quite a few of the supplies for such a class but I need to hear what you would like to cover and what components should be in the parts kits. Electronics/programming beginners are welcome and sample customizable programs will be provided.

I would guess that those interested in wearable electronics might also be interested in controlling props. Not sure that is the proper word but I’m referring to something with hidden electronics that can be triggered remotely or detect motion. When triggered it could flash, make noise, speak with a voice recorder module, turn on 120V lights, fan, pump,…

Please reply with suggestions. I can do the electronics but not sure what actions might be interesting.

4 Likes

This is far beyond my wheelhouse. Delighted in this creation when I saw it at makerfare.

https://makerfaire.com/maker/entry/65843/

1 Like

Thanks for the fascinating link to add interest to my nerdy description above!

1 Like
1 Like

I have been interested in battery powered (i.e., mobile, wearable) arduino LED neopixel type devices for a couple years. Count me in, though I’m an electronics ‘knuckle dragger’.

1 Like

Count me in. You had me at battery powered LEDs.

3 Likes

Vogue

1 Like

I once dreamed about using them in jewelry I think it would still be neat to do

1 Like

I’d be down for a class or 3.

1 Like