Interested in learning how to create stained glass

Hi! I keep perusing the list of classes etc and haven’t seen anything for stained glass, and I’m really interested in learning. Does anyone know if there might be future classes or even demonstrations for this? I don’t love super close, but I’ve been a member for a couple of years now and would like to start actually using my membership :upside_down_face: thanks in advance for any input.

I know @Vincent does classes every now and again. I’m not sure if he’s still doing them though

A friend of mine does stained / leaded glass. New fabrication, repairs, and restorations.
The crumpled mess was from a church in England that suffered a bit of damage during the war. Remarkably a couple in their 30s had it restored within their budget to what it is now.

I don’t know if he would be willing to set up a class but here are some photos of his projects.

4 Likes

I don’t think Vincent checks Talk very often. Right now he’s working on some big windows, so he’s up here practically every evening. He’s been very open to showing people stained glass. So, @AmyDyer – do you want me to ask him about his schedule?

I was told Discord might be a good place to reach him? Let me know if that is right if you ask.

I’m not sure. Maybe he’s more Discord than Talk, but I don’t see him posting there either.

vincent is on discord. pearce is MORE on discord. :joy:

2 Likes

@PearceDunlap

So – I talked to Vincent. He said he’d been thinking about what to post, but hadn’t found his round TUIT. Anyway, he says he’s going to start Thursday night Office Hours 7-9. Don’t count on seeing those on the Calendar, but he should be here almost every Thursday. He’ll also be in the Glassworks area this Saturday, working on his latest project.

3 Likes