Interested in joining and training

As a retired guy who works on cars a lot (refurbishing a 1969 Jaguar E-Type at the moment). I’m interested in joining and get some training on welding. I see an upcoming class, but its showing “full” but I don’t see any future ones scheduled. How often do you conduct this training? Also, while I have a lot of jacks in my garage, I don’t have a lift, how frequently do you have that training too?

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Welding is semi-regularly taught. You’ll need our Hot Process Safety class first. Right this minute, I’m thinking of running the HPS on Sunday 2/7. However, I need to go to work on Tuesday so I can see how busy the office is that day. Technically Sunday is a day off for me, but few people want to work it, and I’ll work it during the First Peak. If not 2/7, then 2/14 for sure. And Randy has said he’ll run MIG after that.

While you virtually never see a class on the lift posted, there is a group of folks who’ll do it one-on-one.

1 Like

Is your Jag a straight six?

I’ll be in tomorrow night around 1930hrs to give a one on one lift lesson.

3 Likes

My 1969 Jaguar E-Type is a 4.2 liter inline six cylinder…

I can make 7:30pm tomorrow night, if that still works for you.

1 Like

In almost exactly 72 hrs, there will be a Hot Process Safety class on the Calendar for 1/31/2021 at 1 pm.

A slight weirdness is that teachers enter the class, and then it’s in “purgatory” for 72 hours, during which time the class auditors can decide that it doesn’t pass muster as a DMS class. While that doesn’t apply so much to the required classes, that’s the system. (We have had some folks decide that they could teach things that weren’t really within the DMS paradigm.)

2 Likes

I am meeting another new member tonight for the lift class, and yes you are welcome as well.

1 Like

The 4.2 was a great and rugged engine!

I I almost bought a XJS 5.3 a few days ago, but reality hit me - as I already have too much to do with building out a new space for work & other automotive work

1 Like

The engine supposedly has 65k miles on it, but on a nearly 52 year old car, who really knows. I have been refurbishing what I can. Today, I’m tackling the water pump after having replaced every hose and components of the heating and cooling system.

Turns out, I was confused. I have now formally signed up with an Auto Lift class that is being held at 7pm tonight. I will be there for this class.

Tomorrow night at 7pm…DOH! need my reading glasses I guess. @TLAR

You can do either.
Tonight’s unscheduled class - thst another new member asked me about the weekend before last or tomorrow night with Hondo.
Either one is the same.
A how to & a $20 one time fee that goes to the Automotive committee (payment supports automotive for tools and gear-it does not go to the instructor).

Here’s a stretch…if you’re interested, I have a factory service manual for your Jag(haven’t posted it for sale as of yet).
This is original Jaguar, print.
It is not a generic haynes or clymer or worse a chilton.

1 Like

Is this what you have?

1 Like

Yes.
Mine was purchased in the early 1970s and is in like new condition.

1 Like

Wow cool man