Interested in A Tour to make a decision on membership

Hi there!

I am interested in becoming a member, but would like a tour before fully committing. My main interest would be in electronics, but interested in most things going on in the space. I have also liked the general sense of community I’ve gathered by lurking in the forums.

Most afternoons/evenings during the week work for me (earlier the better). Would really appreciate if someone has the bandwidth to help out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Electronics area is well supplied with at least three work benches, Scopes, Multi meters and a couple of other nice test instruments like variable power supplies. The rest of the Makerspace is so varied it defies description. I’ve been part of it for years and still don’t know everything that goes on. That being said there is a downside. A LOT of equipment requires training. Even if you’ve worked with much more demanding gear in the same field you have to take the training. In my humble opinion, some of the training is made overly difficult by the admin because accidents do happen and they want as little down time as possible, but that is a sore point for another time. However, once you are trained, it’s great. I needed to learn to use the sewing machines and a fabulous admin arranged to teach me and I have found it surprisingly useful. I, myself am an electronics type. I developed an inertial guidance system that included programming and populating a PC board, all done at the space. I designed and etched my own PCB but the rules at the space have changed so I don’t think that is allowed anymore. I would love to help you with a tour but with the pandemic I have a 2 to 6pm commitment. but if you are available otherwise, let me know and maybe we can arrange a meeting.

Thanks for volunteering to help @steve_a ! Will either tomorrow (Wednesday June 2) at 10 am or Friday June 4 (anytime before 6pm) work for you?

Sorry for the late reply. Tomorrow at 10 am will work.

I"ll be in the front entrance at 10 if you make it.

Sure. Should get there right around 10. Leaving from uptown area now