Interested? Chunky Blanket Hand Knitting

I am new to DMS, but have a passion for teaching/learning!

I am thinking about hosting a workshop on chunky blanket hand knitting. No tools required! Anyone interested? It takes 4-6 skeins of chunky size 7 yarn (depending if you want a baby or adult size blanket).

Shout out if it sounds like fun!
Also— where do crochet/yarn enthusiasts usually meet?
:v:t3::heart:,
Dr. Mandy

2 Likes

Welcome! What a fun sounding class! If you decide to offer it, you would post the class/workshop on Calendar (decide how many you want in your class with social distancing etc) and you can hold your class in the Creative Arts area or any of the classrooms, office type rooms.

Before Covid and quarantine, there used to be a weekly meet-up group called Fiber Frolics that met in Creative Arts one evening, I think it was Tuesdays. It was hosted by Jeannie, a beloved member whom we lost at the beginning of quarantine (she passed away unexpectedly).

There is a Fiber Frolics facebook page, and a DMS Creative Arts fb page too. Both good places to do a post about your class.

I think it would be great for folks interested in Fibers, yarn, etc to start meeting up again, properly social distanced at the tables of course. Creative Arts is a large size room! At the Fiber Frolics meet-ups, folks brought projects they were working on, to share, and continue working on. Some folks came to just hang out like I did :slight_smile:

There are also monthly Creative Arts meetings where the needs of the committee are discussed, if you would like to join those. There is also a Sewing SIG (Special Interest Group), and it would be fabulous to have a Fibers, yarn, weaving SIG again!

I look forward to meeting you and learning new skills at your upcoming classes/workshops!

2 Likes