Interest in Using Photography Equipment

Hello! I just joined the Makerspace yesterday. I am eager to dive in and start making!

I need to photograph some brochures, etc. that I want to feature on my portfolio site. I own a Nikon D90 and I have some intermediate experience with digital photography. My experience with setting up lighting and backdrops is very basic; however, I mostly get the gist of it.

I wanted to ask what I would need to do to have access to the lighting equipment and such to photograph items ASAP?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@apparently_weird @mrjimmy - Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think training is required for the equipment. You can go ahead and use the lighting and similar equipment, you would only need training if you want to use one of the DMS cameras.

2 Likes

As it stands right now, the old lobby/room next to Digital Media is set up for product photography. I’ll jump out on the limb and say that you could certainly move things around to suit your needs. I mean – I certainly would.

3 Likes

No training is required but all the memory cards are gone so you will need to bring your own micro sd card.