Interest in a "Make Your Own Sewing Patterns" class?

Hey all!
I have a background in fashion and pattern design (before I left to become a teacher) and I would love to share what I know about making patterns with others! The class would be small (it’s hard to show more than 5 people at a time how to take their own measurements/draft a pattern) but I would be willing to do multiple sessions with different pattern parts (front and back bodice, skirt, pants, etc). Would anyone be interested?

8 Likes

I would attend that class.

I’m interested. Give me a good base on how to modify existing patterns if I understood the underlying principles of their design.

1 Like

I would be interested in that class.

count me in I have played at doing this in the past

Awesome! I am so excited that people are interested! I would probably have to break it down into two different main classes: tops and bottoms. Also, I need to play with making men’s patterns again, since it has been a while!

(Side note: once people are comfortable making their own I would so be down to teach a “how to modify your personal patterns” class as well where you can learn to modify any sewing pattern into whatever design you want!)

3 Likes

First two intro classes posted for Sept. 4th and 6th! We are starting with a women’s bodice! I will plan out a men’s drafting class as soon as I hammer out the basics!

3 Likes