Interest Check- Knife sheath with inlay

Would anyone be interested in a workshop on making a custom knife sheath with a fancy inlay in/on it? I was recently introduced to a leatherworker on Instagram who specializes in those and wanted to try doing that (I’ve made quite a few knife sheaths over the years as is, this just adds a special added bit of fanciness to it). Because of the customized nature of making a sheath to fit any knife, it would likely be an all day thing so before I start working on a curriculum, etc, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested. Some very basic texture tooling could be part of the class, but I also don’t want to go too crazy. Looking to keep the class at about 8 hrs max with a break for lunch in the middle. Ideally, youll have been signed off on the leatherworking cabinet and made a few projects, as this is not really a beginner friendly class. I will add some pics for references, and also dig up the instagram handle in case anyone else wants to follow him. Oh, and this would be a BYOK (Bring Your Own Knife) in case that needs to be stated as well. Looking around June sometime.

3 Likes

I’d be interested. I taught a knife sheath class years ago. It did not include the insert but was a simple sewn up sheath.

1 Like

Here is the leatherworker I was referring to. really amazing work.

1 Like

Man, you know I’m always interested in learning from you. Just let me know when.

1 Like

I am interested in a wet formed leather sheath for something thicker than a knife like a chisel.

1 Like

I am 100% down for a class. I just joined DMS a few weeks ago & have been watching to see if anyone else is into Leathercraft.

1 Like