Interest check: Bicycle repairs class

about 2 weeks from now. I’d be teaching a class on bicycle repairs. I would be teaching:
tire / tube replacement
fixing axel / ball bearings on the wheel hub.
everything having to do with brakes, the different types etc
chain adjustments. replacements
the different air valve types and adaptors.
lubes and their types and where they go.
installing handlebar tape.
swapping out seats / seat posts

what i would not cover:
wheel truing.
gear derailler adjustments.

state your interest here and i’ll throw up a class in a couple weeks on a thursday and/or friday evening

Gah! the 2 things I actually struggle with!

Seriously though, thanks for teaching the rest, its all good info.

4 Likes

I’m interested. Friday is generally better but I might be able to swing a Thursday if it’s 7pm or later. Will you have a demo bike or should we bring our own?

I might regroup with some more offerings to up the value depending on how well this thread does. I might pay a bike friend of mine to up my skillset. I am fairly overdue anyway

1 Like

The derailler isn’t too bad. YouTube is a good source for that.

i’ve actually tried derailler repairs on my own before, using youtube. made the problem worse :frowning:

it looks like there’s barely a drop in teh bucket as far as this interest check goes. I’ll shelve it for another time.

I’m definitely interested

alright i threw up an open office hours style class on the calendar

South lobby Thursday, September 12, 2019 6 pm to 9 pm
some tweaks and feedback is appreciated. My first attempt at an event anyways

This class went really well. Like a lot of people actually showed up. I’m just as bewildered as the digital media committee was.

I cleaned up afterwards and vacuumed. If I missed anything in picking up after myself let me know so I’ll know what to look out for next time.

I’ll also be booking a room that isn’t the South Lobby next time. Some feedback on which room / location to book would be fantastic for future reference.

2 Likes