Interest check: beginner electronics classes

I’ll be putting it on the calendar for March over the weekend and wrapping up my prezo while on work travel this week.

You may still want to do the soldering one as I’ll cover simple smt rework techniques.

1 Like

OK, How does Sunday, March 15th at 2pm sound for the Test Equipment Basics class?

I can put it on the calendar today.

3 Likes

I avoid doing anything on Sunday.

OK,

While waiting on work schedules to get ironed out for travel from March through May I finally got enough information to fill out the calendar request.

Fingers crossed on the approval and listing - I put it on Saturday, April 11th at 1pm and will be cross posting it to one of the pin/arcade groups on Facebook and to the hidden Texas section of the KLOV forums.

Thanks!

Raymond

1 Like

w00t!

It’s good to go!

The following event has been approved:
Event Title: Test Equipment 101
Start Time: 2015-04-11 13:00
End Time: 2015-04-11 14:30
Event Description: Do you have test equipment you don’t know how to use or to use to their potential? Are you wanting to purchase but aren’t sure what to get? This class will cover the basics on multimeters, logic probes, ESR meters, frequency counters, and oscilloscopes: What they are, what they do, how to use them, what to look for when buying, and places to find them affordably.

Location: Hands-On Classroom - 1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006

2 Likes

If I am able to make the class, I would like to record it. A/V Committee likes to video record training sessions when possible.

I have no problems with being recorded. It would require someone to man the camera and be prepared to walk around with it when it’s time to put test equipment to use.

Everyone will be crowded around the boards when that happens.

I’ll be bringing up a test monitor and my JAMMA testbed for arcade board repairs. With it I’ll have a Pac Man and a Neo Geo boardset which I’ll use to demonstrate using the test equipment.

Hey @lancebux @amacha @ThylacineWings @AquaMan @Shawn_Christian @RoysterBot @Cmorgan @coloneldan @werdman @k2avteq,

The Test Equipment 101 class is on the books for Saturday, April 11th at 1pm.

Raymond

1 Like

With the comment of “Everyone will be crowded around the boards…” will there be a size limit to the class? I’m interested in attending with my daughter and want her to be able to see. Also, will there be a sign-up?

Limit 15 and I’ll be sure to give everyone a chance to see what is going on around the boards. I have no issues with repeating things to give everyone a chance.

I also have no issues with folks who want to stick around and get hands on with the gear.

I’ll be bringing my own test gear: a few different multimeters, an ESR meter, frequency counter, logic probe (with audio beep), and a couple of oscilloscopes - one analog and one digital. Well, I say “my own”… the analog scope belongs to my 16yr old son.

My email is on the event listed on the calendar. Email me there to sign up or on the event I posted to the Classic Arcade Club of North Texas Facebook group.

RJ

Gotcha, thanks. E-mail sent.