Injector flow test

Has anyone rigged up a flow testor/cleaner or is there anything that could be repurposed?

I have a spare fuel pump but no idea for an adjustable regulator or universal rail plugs. I think the programmable bench power supplies I saw last night would be fine.

I’ll ask that you not use those pwr splys for this project. Injectors are solenoids - ie inductive loads. If flyback diode is not part of the assembly, you run the risk of damaging the pwr sply with inductive kickback.

2 Likes

Definitely will not, I was just doing some lazy thinking.

I looked at my non programmable bench power supply and that was a bad thought - better to just use a pi.

Don’t think the injector will be to picky about how well regulated the pwr pulse sent to it is. Critical info is how much current does the injector need to open up against the pressure in the fuel rail and how long the pulse is. You can think of your test jig as something emulating a car system - fuel pump, pressure regulator, return line, flow and pressure sensors, etc.Can be as simple or complicated as you need it to be.

1 Like

I thought injector tests were steady state - ie apply DC to injector, watch flow pattern.