Incredible microscopic composite images of BUGS!

Ran across this small video this morning and never realized the process of making these images required 1000s of images compositted together and nearly a months of labor. Creepy and WOW!

3 Likes

I think a CNC macro photography rig would be cool, where you can get multiple focal points of an image. Here’s one I saw at Makerfaire a few years ago that was amazing, it would create gigapixel macro’s using a CNC machine.

Maybe Creative Arts could repurpose that Shapeoko to be a CNC macro photography rig.

1 Like

:smile: @themitch22 I don’t think we need to have at DMS every cool thing we find on the internet. I agree it would be cool, but it seems like a very specialized tool with a very limited crowd of users. I hope the ideas shown in the video can inspire other around the space personally. That was why I posted it. It was one of the 500 amazing things I’ll run across in a year.

Wait until i come back from Makerfaire, I’ll probably be spamming this talk forum. lol

4 Likes

This is quite radical.

Bloody amazing idea and work!

Thanks for sharing!

Creative arts needs a giant flatbed printer like that!

Can you imagine the amount of paperwork that would be involved in “borrowing” specimen from a similar archive in the USA?

2 Likes