Inaccurate In Progress Shelf Flagging

My pieces on the in progress shelf were flagged for a number of reasons that dont make sense.

I understand bisque isnt supposed to go on the in progress shelves, however, I applied underglaze and was waiting for it to dry before applying glaze. I didn’t want it to get fired from the “glazed” shelf before I was finished glazing it.

However, the other two reasons for the warning are completely off-base.

1. These pieces are right beside my wareboard, which is labeled with my name and dated 3/23.

2. If my pieces are dated 3/23, and this warning was issued on 3/23, how could they possibly have been stored for 30 days? They’ve been stored for 2 days.

I’m not sure where this confusion is coming from. Maybe I’m unaware of updated rules?

@sonepi @Sperry8520

Hi Shelby,

If your piece was labeled as bisque, you are correct in that there is no storage of bisque on the In progress shelf.

If your piece has underglaze that you were waiting to dry, you can put a note on it to that effect so that we know what’s going on.

You mentioned that your other pieces were right next to the ware board. This doesn’t work during cleaning because we don’t know what random pieces go with what ware board.

All pieces on the In Progress shelf should be put on a ware board. This allows users to easily label their piece with the creators name and date. The other option is if they are covered in plastic, to put name and date on the plastic wrap.

Regarding the date that you see on the CERAMIC NOTICE, that is the countdown date that the time starts/date violation noted. For instance, the date shows 3/23. If this was a bisqued piece, you would have seven days from the 23rd to remove your bisqued piece from the shelf so it wont be discarded. If it was a regular greenware piece, you would have 30 days FROM that date, befoit would be discarded.

Hope this answers your questions.

7 Likes