Ihave had a stroke

I currently have DART patransit each trip costs me $3. They are not the most reliable nor very user friendly. You have to give pickup and return timrs, atl east one day in advance, It gives me s sheelchair transport. A regular bus would get me on the train,. At the moment I am praying I get better, it couuld take years as I have mentioned
I am missing a medical appointment Monday due to the reliability issue I mentioned. The computer says it cabot schedule a trip (no reason given) and no one answers the phone. When I get there I will want to hang out a while.Not depend on an organization that could leave me stranded. Until I get a lot better I have to use a wheelchair accessible van.I just have to be patient long term.

It is hard when yo can t drive yourself, I am spending some overnights at the
space so my hubby doesn t have to drive at bad times for him

He has some small strokes last summer, no physical but they effected his speech

That was my thought If I get a powered wheelchair I might be ablr to use it.It is like projects my mind keeps trying to figure alternatives out even if there are none

1 Like

Bordom is killing me.

I can appreciate that. Any progress on the powered chair?

1 Like

I can hope but none that I know of

I am vaguely aware that one has to apply for such things. I’m not sure where or with what organization, but they are out there. Somewhere.

i HAVE IGURED OUT HOW TO SIT UP ON THE EDGE OF MY BED BY MYELF. tHIS FOLLOWING THE SUGGESTIONS OF THE LADY WHO HAS STEPPED FORWARD TO HELP ME WITH PHHYSICAL THERAPY, SHE IS NOT A TRAINED PHYSICAL THERIPIST. BUT SHE HAS BEEN A GODSEND NEVER THE LESS.

15 Likes

That is good I hope she can help you a lot more

Keep after it! Idle time can be a downer, but learning anything new is always a positive experience for me! Keep your chin up!

I’ve also got an old iPad that still works great for browsing and apps like Moodle and EDx and Udacity! Let me know if you’re interested in it!

2 Likes

It has been an interesting month have finally figured out how to to move back an forth between my bed a and the wheelchair by my self.This opens up a level of independence I could only dream of before.That and my left leg is showing signs of moving. It is slow but things are happening.

13 Likes

That sounds good, I had wondered how you were doing, sort of figured the
cold weather had you staying in a lot, it has done that to me