Ideal Makerspace Person from a PR perspective

• Masochists - typically volunteer - SIG leaders, chairs/vice chairs, officers, stand for election to the Board, etc - getting dragged into DMS operations and politics to the point that they rarely find time to make
6 Likes

Retired people.

1 Like

Probably the ideal maker volunteer is a retired atheist who is an expert in some skill like metal working, fixing cars, science, pottery, etc.

I didnā€™t know you could retire from atheism.

4 Likes

It usually happens right before everything goes darkā€¦

3 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Mark Cuban

3 Likes

Would love to hear your rationale for this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@Team_Moderators, can Raffiā€™s hijacking of yet another thread be split off from this one and flushed to where it belongs?

1 Like

I did consider it, but with Draco pulling the ā€œletā€™s rowā€ ripcord, and Raffi and Jimā€™s obliging, I am reasonably happy to let the McMurphy bros. continue their circle in the same spotā€¦
fam_guy_brother_fight_sm

6 Likes

not making a value judgement on atheist or believers, my only point was that people who donā€™t have a community may be more likely to see makerspace as a place of community if they lack a church setting, that being said we have plenty of strong religious members who contribute greatly.

3 Likes

I might say that it is more than atheists. There are also plenty of agnostic people that donā€™t go to a church that might find the makerspace a good community and knitters.

Good points.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

There are actually a fair number of pagans / heathens who do not have a large organized cummunity and many of them are active makers. Some are even DMS members. If you want other target groups

2 Likes

Now, that is a good one!

SO not accurate.

1 Like