I want to volunteer to teach some classes, but

I have goals to teach Woodshop Basics, CNC Multicam Basics, and Laser Basics. I know how to teach a workshop; I have group training experience and presentation skills, but I don’t feel proficient enough to confidently teach over these topics since I’m also new to all of them.

I know we have needs to offer more of those classes and I know some members are ready for more people step up and help and I want to be one of those people. I’ve been trying to put in a lot of time on those machines to familiarize myself with them quickly but if anybody on those committees are willing to work with me to schedule some time to concentrate on the major points so we can get more members signed off on those machines and get folks making more stuff, please hit me up so we can work out a plan.

I even came up with an idea to tweak the format of the woodshop basics to get a slightly larger class through it in a slightly shorter amount of time. I also have plans to update some of the laser materials and add some video tutorial support. Plus I’m available late in the evenings so it would accommodate more work schedules. Let me know what I need to do, thanks for any guidance you can provide.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the shop of and on all weekend. Come look me up, or talk to Andrew.

ok cool, if I’m not there saturday night I’ll likely be up there sunday morning-afternoon.

Do… do we really only have 1 member named Andrew or… ? lol

1 Like

nope.
but only the only Andrew you need to talk to about teaching woodshop is @Azalaket (he’s the woodshop chair).

2 Likes

@superjuke We are always looking for new instructors in the woodshop and would be happy to help you get started! It’s great to know that you already have experience teaching group classes. We do require you shadow one of our current instructors such as @tapper. After you’ve shadowed one class you will be able to schedule a class with an instructor shadowing you to ensure you cover everything. After that you are free to schedule a class anytime and as often as you’d like.

Thanks again for your interest in supporting DMS and the woodshop!

Best,
AZ

4 Likes