I need a homebrewing coach

I have purchased a starter kit and have lots of bottles, and I’d like to get started in homebrewing my own tasty beer. However, I have plenty of questions on how to do this despite having read some books, etc. I’m wondering if I can just spend a half hour discussing some topics with someone more knowledgable to gain a framework on how to approach this. Or, failing that, I would like to request a Homebrewing 101 class (not a brew night-- I dont feel like I’m ready for a brew night). I need to understand more about terminology and sequence that the books are not explaining to me.

Is anyone available to be a homebrewing mentor? Let me know… thanks!

Off-topic: I read your title and thought how awesome it would be to outfit the Maker Space Shuttle bus with fermenting vats and stuff … as a “homebrewing coach.”

I’ll show myself out.

2 Likes

I support your idea and would prefer a seat near a window.

@denzuko @Ian_Jaeger might be of assistance

3 Likes

I have some home brew stuff as a few years ago but I have not had the opportunity to use it. It’s a couple of 5 gal buckets with the tops and some tubes as shown plus a large, glass 5 gal container plus some brew ingredients plus I have some bottle cleaned and stored and a bottle cap applier with bottle caps as shown.

Sadly, I don’t think I’ll have the bandwidth to use it soon. If you need it and would like to make an offer on it, I could let it go. I’ll throw in the little Elfa table it’s sitting on with the empties (not that they are worth much) as I don’t use the table for anything.

Home brew stuff

Cheers,

DJ

Got a basic class up on the calendar: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/3176

2 Likes

I’m happy to answer what I can, however I just landed in LA and am going to have very limited availability until August sometime.

@denzuko, looks like I missed the class sign-up, but it sounds perfect. I will keep a look out for another one like this.

@Ian_Jaeger, I am not in a rush, I can ping you sometime in August.

Thanks guys!

It just got put on the calendar so give it a few hours for @Team_Education to review it.

In general I’m open to people coming to it if there’s enough space and we’re not being disruptive to other nearby committees and members during class time.