I need a handyman/woman for some backyard beatdown

It’s getting hotter. My time is limited. I simply can’t keep up with my backyard to get it ready for summer. So I’ve decided to pay in exchange for labor. It’s honestly not terrible but will need someone dedicated to sweating and kicking butt. I am going to open this opportunity to “the family” first and if everyone passes I’ll go to other avenues.

I have no chainsaw but I guess I could rent one if needed.
I live in Euless near trinity high school in a modest 1970s house and my backyard is strange but still really cool. I’m going to make a dedicated effort to update it this year.

I need the following done at my house:
Rip out three stupidly placed boxwoods (or just chainsaw them down) and some other plants that just are strange.
Help me remove some glued down outdoor carpet (if it’s even possible)
Lay down some landscape cloth to go under mulch
Probably help me transport a massive amount of mulch to my house from Home Depot.
Help distribute some mulch - this area is large(ish)
Take out some stepping stones that have grown into the soil.
Move a smallish concrete bench to the newly mulched area that or to the front where I can sell it.
Chainsaw down three-four bushes that are acting like trees.
Take that crap to the curb. Take out some seats on a strange deck and remove all the worn out wood (this might be a larger task for some professionals)

General removing of overgrown crap. Taking that crap to the curb. Tying up the crap so the trash guys will take it.

I’ve paid handymen before - it’s been task based or hourly. I’m willing to do either. I just thought someone might be interested in making some side money or know someone who might be interested.

No skinny dipping without a thumbs up from me.

I will reward you with cash, food, drinks and swims.
I think if I can get that list accomplished I can get ahold of some of the things that just seem to be blocking the new from happening.

How big are those trees and bushes you want downed? I have a manual hand pruning saw which can down and cut up small trees as fast as someone can take the pieces to the alley and stack them up.

1 Like

I’d recommend signing up for NextDoor and asking there for an enterprising high-schooler looking for some summer work.

If you get in a bind, I can come by with my chainsaw and handle the cutting and you could get someone younger to handle the hauling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe I’ve found someone - I appreciate the love.

1 Like