I’m to do BMW Stuff

@Tres0422

9 Likes

And that’s just their mid-range BMW lawnmower. (with mulching attachment.)

4 Likes

Most folks know that many Toyotas make replacing the starter motor a non traditional pain(same goes for anyone with a bucket of sheyte honda element)…

Then the Fine engineers at Porsche up that challenge with the starter motor location on the Panamera - see photo:

Yes, it is inside the transmission.

3 Likes

Maybe because of the protective casing, the design is that it will never need replacing?

1 Like

You are a poet; and probably didn’t know it.

1 Like

If you trade your car out every 3 years for a new one, like the manufacturers design for (esp. the Japanese, where ownership is incentivized to swap every 3 years by outrageous shaken costs thereafter), this will be true for virtually every car on the market. If you push it by a couple years, like the more realistic manufacturers (e.g. Toyota, Porsche, Honda, etc.) expect in the USA they’ll still last “the life of the vehicle”.
IF you choose to keep a vehicle on the road after those designed-for 3-5 years (like a normal person), that’s on you.

My 2008 RAV4 is well over 200k miles now and has the best V6 known to mankind (in my humble opinion). Besides routine maintenance (oil change, spark plugs) it has only needed an alternator and water pump. Oh yeah and the water pump comes out in 15 minutes.

4 Likes

Actually my 1993 Corrado has the best V6 evolution with one cylinder head (VR6) that evolved into the W16 that powers the Veyron.

it has a gazillion hours of spirited driving on it including a radar clocking at 147mph (shout out to the Alvaredo cop that opted to warn me about unforgiving they are in Hillsboro.

2 Likes

So - shaken down?

1 Like