I have rocks today

3 Likes

You selling? I don’t need more rocks… But if there is something I don’t have I’d be interested

1 Like

Does That mean a lapidary class is on the horizon?

3 Likes

Well, first I need to find someone to teach me. I have heard that @mrjimmy is out of the country, and I’m not sure who else can teach someone. I’ll probably discuss what rocks we might want to cut before holding a class. I was pleased to discover that I don’t have to wait for an open house, or spend $500 to buy stone. He does expect about… $100-$200 in a sale (that’s not during an open house). And it’s by appointment if it’s not an open house.

It’s Roughstonerocks.com, and they’re down in DeSoto, right off of 35E, exiting Wintergreen (at the Cracker Barrel). Their open house is going on through Sunday. I think that their hours are 10-4. The open house is done at 4pm Sunday.
First Texas Rock & Crystal Open House Event

But – I could totally spend that on rose quartz. The Brazilian rose quartz I got was $3/lb, and most of the stones I was getting were over a pound. But then, I’m planning on book ends.

1 Like

This is my stash. Are you in town?

I was aiming more for the less expensive. Not quite sure what I’ve got in that box, other than the mookaite. And probably the fluorite. The fluorite, at $6/lb, was the most expensive I got. Well, other than that little piece of tiger eye that we got because Capt wants to make a stone knife. That was $10/lb.

1 Like

Great find Beth! I’m out until Fall, but will keep my eye on this company for their next open house. Like I need more rocks :laughing: They have some that look like they will polish up nice!

1 Like

What I really need to do is make a teach the teacher class. My availability is so random that it will be better if I can get other teachers certified.

I’ll know Friday If I can set up a class for Sunday. I’ll keep everyone posted

2 Likes

Right now I’m teaching Bottle Slumping at 3 this Sunday. Next Sunday we’ll be at AnimeFest. Other than that, I’m up for a teach the teacher!