I have a lot of bois d'arc to resaw. Going to buy my own blade

The wood has already been milled into 2" boards and kiln dried. I have various projects in mind. The short of it is that I need to resaw this lumber and I don’t want to burn up the space’s blades one after the other on this remarkably stubborn wood!

Was planning on getting a carbide resaw blade.

What length do I buy? From what I was able to find on the talk we have an LT18? So 145"?

The lumber is still naturally edged so I’ll be ripping one edge straight to lay on the table of the band saw, but the pieces are generally 8 to 12" wide (or tall) as the cut demands. I imagine I’ll be buying something like the Laguna Resaw King 1" that has 2-3 TPI.

I saw some other folks buying incorrectly sized blades on the talk so I wanted to get it right before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

I’ll want to check you out on the blade change first…

We are using hard back 2 teeth per inch blades…
Sadly not the 300 resaw King blades…
The blade is 145”

Yes sir, happy to get checked out. I’m signed up for a band saw class on Wednesday “Bandsaw for Makers.”

Would that suffice? If not, I am available most nights this week. Monday or Friday are preferred.

Let do Monday night… that class will cover basic of using the saw. It doesn’t cover how to set up drift for resale.

If you have any extra that you are willing to part with, I would be interested. That is my favorite wood.

Monday night it is then. What time is best for you? I can be at the space as early as 1800.

I’ve got plans for all of it. I love it as well!

Sorry tomorrow night will not work. My wife reminded me of school meeting for my son I need to attend at 7 pm…

I think you said you have the bandsaw class on Tuesday ?

Weird, replied on my phone and I’m not seeing it here.

The class is on Wednesday last I checked, at 1830.

Matthew, I can do tonight if you have time.
I’m putting together a Saturday morning at 10 AM is the next one.

I can be at the space at 1800. Does that work?

6 pm? If so yes

I’ll be there.