I have 2 vintage outboard motors to dispose of. Where can I do so?

These were my late husband’s. He passed away in 2017. I’ve been kicking this can (disposing of them) down the road and now can’t kick it any farther. Have no clue how to get rid of them. I know nothing about them, other than the one on the left definitely worked while he was alive.

Am welcoming advice. Thanks.

2 Likes

Sorry you’re having to deal with this, but…
DOOD!
At least the one is vintage Evinrude!
There’ll be collectors about…

4 Likes

I have zero intention of shipping these to anyone, anywhere. Also, I’m very uncomfortable with strangers coming to my home. I’ll talk to @Scott_Blevins about listing them for me.

That said, still need disposal options. One isn’t a vintage Evinrude.

2 Likes

I understand.
And I’m sorry I can’t be more help.
I am not 100% sure (as outboards aren’t really my thing) but the one that is NOT an Evinrude bears strong resemblance to some vintage Johnsons

which are equally sought after…
I’ll do some spinning of the ol’ wheels & see if I can come up with something more helpful. Meanwhile, I’m sure there’s gotta be an aficionado 'round DMS. But do they read Talk? Hmm…

1 Like

Can you send me more pics?

1 Like

@jast There’s a Johnson manual on the book shelf!!!
Inside are his handwritten notes about the Evinrude and the Johnson - with model #s and serial #s.
Give me time tomorrow to decipher the notes.

@TLAR I’ll take better pics tomorrow when the light is in my favor.

Thank you both for giving my post some attention.

3 Likes

If we are able to accept them as donations to DMS we could then auction them with the proceeds going to DMS.

If it were me I’d see if these are worth much and if Scott is willing to handle, go that route.

3 Likes

One of the shops across from me has an avid boater / fishing guide (is guiding fish a thing?) and I am happy to ask him once I have more details.

4 Likes

Per notes: 1958 Evinrude Lightwin 3HP

1 Like

Per notes: Johnson 6R70B 1970 6HP

@TLAR Scroll up one post to see the blue Evinrude. You’re welcome to come over to the house and give them a gander. Would be happy to see you! Lunch?

@jast I’m going to try to see if they will sell. Fingers crossed. I wouldn’t attempt this except for the encouragement from DMS-ers!

2 Likes

I thought you said no strange men?

BaDumTsss

2 Likes

There’s also a 1969 Evinrude 40HP Model 40952R currently mounted on the boat.

1 Like