I am i seeing this correct?

No.
:blankspace:

1 Like

I think perhaps you are misreading the requirements. Perhaps they are unclear, but I think I understand them correctly.

They are asking for two years’ experience in:

4G
5G
LTE

I do not read that as two years of solid experience in each of those technologies but rather, as two years’ combined experience in modern cell technologies. Reading that as a requirement for two years’ experience with 5G leads to the nonsensical conclusion you’ve reached.

In the time it’s taken you to post here, you could have whipped out four cover letters for this and similar positions. Just sayin’.

1 Like

In that case, @ceramicCAP, my assumptions were incorrect about your employment situation, and I apologize. I have no comment on the other piece of your answer regarding the former First Lady’s quote.

If you would like introductions to recruiters in order to help with your job search, I’m happy to help. I am also happy to share information about networking opportunities where recruiters often show up (but not always).

The purpose of my post was not to judge you, but rather to offer support and encouragement. I apologize if it didn’t land that way for you.

1 Like

Are you saying the job requirement are unambiguous? If the statement are ambiguous then they are open to multiple interruption and reinterpretations. I have dealt with problems of job description being unclear and gotten in jobs that where less than pleasant. So i had to deal with context free grammar in college. Perhaps it has ill effected me.
https://books.google.com/books?id=ECFdlPqCYEQC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=flesch+legal+documents+corruption+complexity&source=bl&ots=J3U1945tmW&sig=ACfU3U1nrPnfM2oF1Tl8YuxxQphAb8LpKQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjd5L3uievmAhUFV80KHYO2DFUQ6AEwAHoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=flesch%20legal%20documents%20corruption%20complexity&f=false

Your saying that in less than 48 hours you can do 3d print jobs, 4 cover letter, respond to two jobs, do a wood project cook food. Further it is my guess from posters that you don’t find any need for the post or questions. Perhaps that i am wasting my time asking for clarity.

Holliday, your ok good and positive… you mean well. topic is difficult for me. Nothing good is ever easy. I would hope that through out the drama that it is understood questions are understandable but some of the topics we would wish to avoided as it is opinions. this is a place about making and not politics. about making and maybe find jobs. people are going to have opinions. I wish to have morality but avoid politics. Yeah not happening.

1 Like

I think I understand. We’re cool.

I do want to help you. It sucks to be unemployed, and it is so tough out there right now. I personally applied for 126 jobs last year, got two interviews, and I know how truly suckish and dehumanizing the process can be.

The trick is to get past the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) with enough keywords to meet a real person. Then get past that to a whiteboard interview. When you read the requirements, I agree to combine your years of experience on related technologies. That’s what your competition will be doing, especially with how new 5G is.

If you have a portfolio or github beyond class projects, it can only help.

Volunteering for freeCodeCamp.org nonprofit coding projects can get you in front of prople who can help.

Cybersecurity is wide open right now, and some companies will pay to train you.

Please don’t lose hope. Reach out if I can do more to help you.

1 Like

I’m saying there are a couple of ways to interpret the job requirements, only one of which leads to a sensible conclusion - namely that they are looking for two years’ combined experience in cellular technologies.

One could go to Disney World too, but that would also be non-job-hunt-related. Except as needed to decompress (or make cash), 3D prints and wood projects would be low on my list of priorities if I were looking for work. And in any case, yeah, I could knock out four cover letters in 48 hours even if I had a few other things to do.

I don’t think anyone is insinuating that you shouldn’t post, but you don’t seem terribly interested in the answers you’ve received. You are wasting your time if you’re asking questions and ignoring the answers or running down rabbit holes chasing minutiae.

Now at about 4-1/2 cover letters.

1 Like

While you are logistically and technically correct, it’s hard to write cover letters when you’re unclear about the requirements.

It’s also REALLY hard to do good work when stuck in fight or flight (panic) mode.

I’ve been where he is. Let’s all take a deep breath and try again in the morning.

5 Likes

Yep. One of those good long posts easily equals a cover letter. I mean, my cover letters probably suck. I have had zilch response to my replies over the internet, so who knows? My normal cover letter is about the size of this post, and doesn’t really take me any longer than this does. Is that why they land (wherever they land) with a thud? Again – who knows?

You misunderstood me completely.

I was calling myself a grammar Nazi by telling you to change the title of your listing from “I am i seeing this correct?” to “Am I seeing this correctly?”

The term “Grammar Nazi” is probably one you haven’t heard before. It’s innocent. It’s explained online this way: " Grammar Nazi or Grammar Police refers to someone who habitually corrects grammar and / or spelling mistakes made by others in conversation, both on and offline. In most cases, the term carries a negative connotation of either being a buzzkiller who ruins a good joke by getting too technical or a n00b who is gullible enough to be irritated by a Grammar Trap , an intentional use of incorrect grammar for the purpose of trolling." From https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/grammar-nazi

Didn’t mean to cause such a fuss.

So while we are on the subject. Is George Carlin interrupting incorrectly or complaining? Because people say a lot of things and i might be confused.

what are you views?
Is more toward Milton Friedman?

Do you have references to philosophy of interruption or how to interrupt job requirements something more substantial and external to our thread? Your asking me to assume the best of a person in a business deal and job offer. yet if reference Milton Friedman and director’s law i then see people work towards their own self interest. If i where naive i would working to my own determent while serving someone else’s interest for little or no pay. It is based off the assumption there is difference between professional communication (that must be error free, unambiguous, and must generally be taken literally(few words have drastic effect so we edit so as to reduce conflict between parties in question.)) verses person communication (grey fuzzy emotional, easily given to forgiveness because there is little or no loss. etc…(nothing good or bad happens because of the express so very little reason to fight or emotional.)) I am assuming i am in error and the people do not believe in the professional verse private life paradigm anymore.
(Assuming makes an A$$ out of you and me.) this is not real right?
So i read the rule regarding the 3d printer and i can in some way assume they do not apply to me… this might be taking it to far… but … there is some grey area.
that job offers fall into?? figurative speech?

Dont feed the troll…

3 Likes