HUGE Display Cabinet Going into the Lobby

The display case came in Monday.

It needs to be assembled. I do not know if this is a 1 person with a wrench thing and 30 minutes or a multi person ordeal.

If you are up for a random build adventure, help would be appreciated.

I will be at DMS by 4:30.

3 Likes

Arrived earlier this week. The glass is HEAVY.

Shout out to @Draco, Bill Gee, Brian AND Isaac for doing the assembly with me. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

We are now at the field of dreams stage. (Build it and they will come.)

Think about what completed projects you would be willing to loan DMS for 3 months. The case does lock. There is a camera.

Shortly, we will announce we are accepting finished pieces for display.

Stop by the Lobby to check it out.

6 Likes

if they are where I can easily get to them (in my storage shed) I have some jewelry displays, that
are grey I will donate for us, I believe they were from Macy s I bought them when they closed a store

Is Sinbad still on the premises? The sounds that thing made were straight up DELIGHTFUL.

Big thanks to whomever brought that beauty in to share!

3 Likes

Looks great, was going to say I’d help a couple hours ago then I realized your post was from the 2nd :expressionless:

1 Like

Sinbad is still there. It belongs to Chuck. Strange Science was removed.

2 Likes

A real Sophie’s choice there. Strange Science had a much quicker pace that I really enjoyed.

We had a PR meeting Thursday night.

The best initial idea for the display case was to have a 1 month show of everything that people are willing to loan DMS. (Thanks Max)

How much does the case hold? 5 x 4’ foot shelves. If each item were 10 inches tall and 10 inches wide about 20. If we are talking about rings, maybe 500? If it is larger than a 10 inch cube send me a picture. We might still be able to accomodate the item.

There are depth and weight limits. The bottom shelf is wooden so we can accommodate some heavy work too.

I am willing to take anything (within reason) that fits in a 10 inch cube. That can be a leather project or blacksmith or fiber or print or laser cut or 3D printed or electronic or ??

Please PM me an image. Include your name, email, type of media, committee, value and if it is for sale. The items WILL NOT have a price. They will be on loan a full month, please plan for that.

Do NOT drop off work. We need someone to receive it and get it into the locked display case. There is limited space…

2 Likes