Howdy! Woodshop 1 openings?

Hey folks,

I’m new to DMS and excited to be here. I know all instructors are volunteers, so to all of you who give your time to us newbies, thank you! I was wanting to get through the Workshop 1-4 classes this weekend but they’re all filled up, saw there are more on Monday as well, but the Workshop 1 class is full up as well. I didn’t see any more classes in the foreseeable future either. Just curious if 1) each class was a prerequisite for the next class and 2) if there was a way to squeeze one more student (me!) into the classes this weekend. I’m willing to bribe with beer and/or food.

If not, I will wait patiently of course.

thanks again and I look forward to meeting y’all!

-David

1 Like

paging @Mrksls2

And please forgive me if asking for extra spots or special treatment is inappropriate here. I know everybody does things differently. I just thought I’d try to get some grease by being a squeaky wheel!

There is typically a “stand by” opportunity and formal inclusion is at the option of the instructor … in this case Woodshop Committee Chair Mark Salas who is teaching on Saturday.

I will be happy to add you to the class tomorrow. Please bring the $20 in fees for the 4 classes in cash and don’t be late, as woodshop 1 is the only prerequisite. If you miss it, you won’t be able to attend the others.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks very much! I’ll be there on time with cash in-hand! Thanks for the assistance, @bertberaht

Also check out the metal shop. Convenient if you have any old shopping carts that need repair.

3 Likes

lol @ryan definitely gonna get my hands dirty in the metal shop too. People don’t realize how much money there is in shopping carts. Fix 'em up, sell 'em back to the mall for 18 bucks.

3 Likes

Kitties are cute, but not the best area for their little paws.

3 Likes

Good point, @apparently_weird. I’ll leave them at home in the shed.

2 Likes

2 Likes